Wednesday, December 19, 2007

How do you view your self?

As I was reading in Romans this morning, I came across chapter 12, verse 3. "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

As I was thinking about this verse in relation to our lives and deputation, these questions were raised:
1. How do I view myself?
2. Do I feel I deserve praise, respect and recognition?
3. Do I feel that I deserve an offering?
4. Do I feel that I deserve a larger offering?
5. Do I feel that I deserve their support?
6. Am I angry that the pastor asks me to send an info packet and does not book me right then?
7. Do I get angry that he does not book me at all?
8. Does it irritate me when another missionary gets support or recognition and I do not?
9. How do I feel when people just walk by my table and out the door without saying a word?
10. Am I upset at how they are treating missions or the missionary?

May God help us not to think of ourselves this day but to think of others (12:10). May we realize we neither live or die unto ourselves (14:7). This is a painful lesson. It is one that will have to be revisited many times in our lives. May God remove the bitter feelings that lodge in hearts today. Not because of how others treated us but because we thought of ourselves more highly that we ought.

God bless you and use you mightily this day.

No comments: