Friday, January 18, 2008

What are you seeking?

I have just begun studying the life of a man named Baruch. I do not know much about him, so I thought I would look into his life. One of the things that Jeremiah told this man in Jer. 45:5 was, "And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not:..."

As I go through today, I want to ask myself a few questions:
1. Am I trying to build a great name for myself?
2. Am I looking for honor and respect?
3. Do I get frustrated and angry if people do not respond to me the way I believe they should?
4. Do I have rights?
5. Am I easily offended?
6. Is God really first in my life?

What am I seeking for my life today? Are the meetings for me or God? Will you get mad if pastor's do not give you the attention you feel you deserve today? Will your mindset be, "There is no use making calls today. Everyone knows pastor's will not be in their offices anyway." I seek great things for myself because I think I am great. Whenever I lift myself up, it means I must bring God down. Will I seek great things for myself or will I seek first God's kingdom?

May we put the God of heaven first in all things we do. When we put Him first, everything else falls into place (Matt. 6:33) Seek great things for Him today!

No comments: