Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Troubling

You wonder why I am so strong in my training that you go into a church right and leave right. The following true story from a missionary with Macedonia reminds us once again of the responsibility we have. After you read the story, there are some comments I would like to make.

2 Corinthians 5:20 says we are ambassadors for Christ. I know I am far from an expert on deputation, but I sincerely want to help all my fellow laborers. I returned a pastors phone call this evening to hear those dreaded words " the meeting has been cancelled" , this is a disappointment. The pastors reason was a missionary had just dropped in for a meeting and really hurt the Church. What he described sounded like a hostile take over. He was not a Macedonia missionary! None the less it has caused me to loose a meeting for now. I am not bitter, The Lord is in control of all things, and some way this will work together for good. Brethren let us esteem other better than ourselves (Philippians 2:3,4). The Lord forbid me to hinder a Brother's ministry by not caring what happens after I am gone. We have been taught this over and over, but this was a reminder to me.

Notice the areas that this missionary damaged:

1. His own ability to get to the field by raising support. (also his relationship with his own family)
2. Other missionaries who need to get to the field.
3. A pastor who has more problems than He can handle.
4. Those without Christ. How many fields has this one man affected? How many missionaries were told their meeting was cancelled because of him?
5. God. The name of our Lord was reproached. That has got to hurt all of us deeply.

Those are but a few. Be careful when you enter churches. If you do not have a copy of the Deputation Manual, please get it. Let me know and I will help you. God bless you as you minister today in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

KENNETH said...

I sure would hate to be that missionary... But as it is with anything I am one one step away from being that missionary, if I don't keep my walk with God like I should.
Thanks again