Friday, September 7, 2007

John Wesley's Holy Club

Here are 22 Questions asked each day by members of John Wesley’s Holy Club in their private devotions. One of the greatest things needed on deputation is God's power on your life as you go behind the pulpit. I found these questions challenging and pray that God would use them in your heart as well.

1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that
I am a better person than I really am? In other words, am I a
hypocrite?
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
3. Do I confidentially pass on what was told to me in confidence?
4. Can I be trusted?
5. Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habit?
6. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
7. Did the Bible live in me today?
8. Do I give God time to speak to me everyday?
9. Am I enjoying prayer?
10. When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
11. Do I pray about the money I spend?
12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
13. Do I disobey God in anything?
14. Do I insist in doing something in which my conscience is
uneasy?
15. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
16. Am I jealous, impure, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Am I proud?
19. Do I thank God I am not as other people, especially as the
Pharisees who despised the publican?
20. Is there anyone I fear, dislike, criticize, or resent? If so,
what am I doing about it?
21. Do I grumble and complain constantly?
22. Is Christ real to me today?

After reading through these I will meet you in the prayer closet.
May God use you greatly this weekend.

No comments: