Question: What attitudes in your life might be hindering your ability to raise support?
Have you ever noticed a missionary that seemingly had everything in order? The display board, prayer card, sharp dresser; yet there was something that you could not quite put your finger on. I have not met a missionary who did not get supported because of a bad prayer card or a simple display (though both ARE important) yet I have met many that did not get supported because of a negative attitude. What could be the attitude in your life that is hindering support?
1. Pride – You are better than these “little” churches you visit.
2. Sloth – Always putting off for tomorrow what should be done today.
3. Arrogance – After all YOU are the missionary.
4. Greed – Every where you go they are SUPPOSED to give you something.
5. Faithless – You just don’t know if you are going to make it, churches are not supporting you like they should and God is basically dead.
6. Pessimist – Things are just always tough for you. That glass will never get full enough of water will it?
I could go on and on but you get the basic thought pattern. Let us go back to the question in the beginning. What attitudes in your life might be hindering your ability to raise support?