Friday, January 11, 2008

Above Reproach

In our ministry we strive to be beyond reproach in all that we do. Please read the following letter and take heed to the caution.

Dear Bro. Tony,
Pray all is well with you and your family. Hope you had a great Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.
I just wanted to give you a heads up on something that was brought to my attention. I was talking to a young man that has applied to Macedonia recently. He had come on a survey trip to _________ and spent a week or so with me and my family. I had talked to him about deputation and gave him a list of about 38 things that could help him get his support. One of the things on the list was never leave a message on the answering machine. Well he said he had friends (evidently not with MWBM) that would call and leave a message on the answering machine and not tell they were missionaries. I told this young man that was very dishonest and a lie. I would not recommend that kind of conduct. It is best just to try and find the pastor in his office or speak to the missions director. Well to make this short. I was talking to my pastor and he said that recently he had received messages just like this. They would say this is John Doe and could you please call me back. They would not say they were missionaries. My pastor would call of course and find out they were missionaries and be very upset because they were being deceitful. He said he would never give them a meeting or support someone with such conduct. He also said that several of the calls were from MWBM missionaries. He could not say who, because he did not remember. I just wanted to bring this to your attention. I think missionaries on deputation or otherwise should have a high standard of conduct and not do things that are deceitful or dishonest. I am sure you would agree.
I do pray all is well with you and your family. May God bless you and help you much in this coming year. Hopefully we will see you sometime this summer around the home office. We are planning on coming in sometime this summer for a short furlough. God bless again.


This letter was written with love and for your help. Please be careful and keep calling. If you leave a message, let them know who you are and what you do. Let's continue to be beyond reproach.

No comments: