Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Our Trust

"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright. Save, Lord: let the king hear us when we call." Psalm 20:7-9

How my heart was refreshed and refocused with these verses this morning. Many on deputation put their trust in the wrong things. All the "chariots and horses" you may have at your disposal will never amount to what God in heaven can do. Learn, yet have no confidence in your learning. Practice your delivery, but do not trust your smoothness. Do all that you can yet remember it is God that is in control and our trust is to be in Him in all things. I started laughing when I read verse nine, "Save, Lord: let the king (pastor) hear us when we call." Trust God even when it comes to calling pastors to set up meetings!
Lessons -
1. Trusting in God does not mean I do nothing.
2. Doing nothing does not mean I am trusting in God.
3. As I am doing what I can I must ask myself, "Do I have greater confidence in my abilities or God?"
4. Where does my trust really lie today?
5. What changes do I need to make.

God bless each of you. May God use you greatly and open many doors for you.

1 comment:

Travis Snode said...

Great post, Bro. Tony. I really liked the part about doing nothing does not mean I am trusting in God. It is amazing how many like to claim their lack of activity and service is evidence of their deep spirituality. I know we can get to busy to spend time with God, but we can also get so spiritual that we forget one of the greatest expression of love to God is obedience!